light rail transit
Light Rail Transit (LRT) trains stop at both Terminal 1-Lindbergh and Terminal 2-Humphrey and connect travelers to 17 other destinations, including downtown Minneapolis to the north and Mall of America to the south.
Metro Transit Map of LRT Stations
Airport Station Locations
The Terminal 1-Lindbergh light rail station is located below the Transit Center, between the Blue and Red Parking ramps. From the Tram Level (one level below bag claim), take the tram to the Transit Center. When you exit the tram, follow the signs to the light rail station, located 70 feet underground.
The Terminal 2-Humphrey light rail station is located on the north side of the Orange parking ramp. From Level 1 near Ticketing take the elevator or escalator up to the Orange Ramp skyway. Follow the signs to the LRT station. Take the escalators or elevators down one level to the station platform.
The light rail stations are fully accessible.
Trains run every 10 minutes during peak hours and typically every 10 to 15 minutes at other times of the day.* From the airport, trains can take you to Mall of America in about 12 minutes and to the Warehouse District in downtown Minneapolis in about 25 minutes. If you have a layover and plan to take the train away from the airport, please allow time to travel and return.
*While trains run 24 hours a day between terminals, times between trains can be anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes between the hours of 10:30 pm and 5 am. Be sure to check the light rail schedule at Metrotransit.org if you plan to utilize this service during these hours.
- Tickets are sold at ticket machines at the rail stations.
- Light rail fares for adults are $2.25 during rush hours (Monday through Friday, 6 to 9 am and 3 to 6:30 pm) and $1.75 at other times.
- Reduced fares are available for seniors, children and persons with disabilities. Children 5 and under ride free (limit 3) when accompanied by a paid fare.
- For more information, visit the Metro Transit website, www.metrotransit.org/light-rail.
- No ticket is needed to travel between airport terminal stations.
Use the LRT to travel between airport terminals. There is no charge for rail service between MSP’s terminals.
Complimentary shuttle service between the terminal buildings is available as an alternative to light rail for passengers with mobility challenges and those with special needs (e.g. physical limitations, elderly, parent with young children and baggage).